18 September 2010

ARizona adventures.

interesting place this USa is.
one of my main hopes for this exploration was to come home a proud American.in many ways i am very impressed by the motherland. Its natural beauty rivals the far away places in my dreams... but something even more noteworthy is just how bizarre everything "in between" is...i never realized how many maniac's are out there. between the common highway wanderer, the meth-heads & the true "Americans" - I am practically running home in my cowboy boots. i thought living "off the grid" was what i wanted...but really it is the concept of living off the grid...Whole Foods style? Note taken. I guess I will need to start working again. But until then I will continue to report what nice/weird/interesting things I have seen on my SOuthwestern Roadtrip.

Sedona, Arizona: insanely beautiful. All the New Age, vortex seeking, crystal loving things aside, you can't deny the intensity of this place. The beauty alone does enough to propel you into an alternate state of being.
I thought this was interesting: a Church built in between 2 rocks!
They call it the Chapel of the Holy Cross, 1956.
It was considered bold & daring for its time.
The only way Sedona would allow a McDonalds into town was if they could chose the color scheme. It is the only one in the nation without the traditional red & yellow. This is a side view but from the street it is completely anonymous without any logo.
Just north of Sedona, hiking the Oak Creek trail.

Navajo Nation! this is the land we gave the Native Americans in return.

1 comment:

pam@pamrigneydesign.com said...

I will tell you again, I think you should be writing a book of your observations!