23 April 2011

Days 10-12 : Egyptian Sites & Sounds

We arrived in Egypt a few days ago & have since been traveling North on the Nile from Aswan to Luxor. It is such beautiful country, especially along the Nile where it is green & lush. As you know this has been my dream trip for some time...following in the footsteps of my greatest love, Cleopatra. The only distraction has been that all of the Egyptian outfits I planned for the expedition have been lost with my suitcase. Somewhere from Istanbul to Cairo my luggage was misplaced & we have spent the last three days trying to find it. One minute the guy at the airport is telling me they have it, the next they don't have it, at this point I am a little bit frustrated. Anyways, I am trying not to let it get me down. Cross your fingers...

Abu Simbal, the best preserved ruins in Egypt.
Walking through the bazaar in Aswan. Nubian spice shop.
Friend at Philae Temple.

A common scene along the Nile River.

Horse carriages are a very popular means of transportation.


Edfu Temple.
Hieroglyphics.

Edfu Temple.

No comments: