21 April 2011

Days 7-9

For the last week my dad & I have taken up the competitive game of Holy Land Jeopardy. We ended our Israel trip with a whirlwind Bible site tour & I don't think our tour guide Ellie stopped talking for three days straight. I can still hear his thick Israeli accent, "Me-si-ah...Me-si-ah-nique". What a nice nice man, if only he knew how to simplify a story.

In brief we spent our last days touring: Masada, the Dead Sea, Eilat, Jordan, Petra, Nazareth, the Sea of Galilee & Ceasarea. What an incredible experience. While I would like to recap our time, I am so exhausted at the moment that I will just share a few pics. Today was our first day in Egypt so I must get you caught up.


The top of Masada, typical Ellie - Meghan moment, I am confused & he is on a tangent.


JR, the Dead Sea in the background.
Walking over the border from Israel to Jordan.




Petra in all of it's glory.


I was really popular in Jordan, my highest bidder was a gentleman who offered my dad 50 camels...as a down payment, 150 after the wedding. Above is one of the Bedouins (Desert people) who looked exactly like Johnny Depp, or maybe Johnny Depp looks like him.


Some new friends I made in Petra. This might have been my favorite moment of the whole trip. They were so excited to meet someone from California & I was so excited to meet them.

Resting in a cafe at the bottom of Petra with our new Argentinean friend.




In Nazareth at the Church of the Annunciation, where the archangel Gabriel

came to tell Mary she would become mother to Jesus, the Son of God. Nazareth.






I can't remember what this place is called but I think it is beautiful, you can see the Sea of Galilee in the background.





Capharnaum, The Town of Jesus.



To be continued...

No comments: