25 January 2010

EAgle SPirit .....

After many lonely nights in the caravan park I was adopted by a biker gang.

When they first mobbed in - four couples deep - dudes driving & mama's on the back, I was both scared of them & longing to be in their tight knit community. The first couple of nights I just watched them from inside my station wagon. But yesterday I was approached by one of the mama's & she asked if I wanted to go on a ride with them after work. I think they felt bad for me. Of course I said yes, not only because i didn't want to offend them, but because I am truly a sucker for a good motorcycle ride. I am so happy I did because we had a blast. Oh the looks we got with our rumbling engines, I felt like such a badass (but I was kinda happy I had a helmet to disguise my identity). After the ride they insisted that I stay for dinner. They gave me all the bourbon & steak I wanted. We sat around for hours talking about life. Helmet's off they were some seriously good people - though one of the guys did ask me if I had bed sores from going to getting to sleep so early. I explained to him that I was actually watching movies.

I have to say I really admire their self expression. They don't care that parents gawk at them and hide their children. They are just old friends going for a ride.

!Live to RIde!

!this is a Trike - three wheels with a VW engine!

!leader of the PAck - Vroom vroom!

i will miss you friends

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great experience and a lesson in keeping an open mind! I love you. MOM

Grace said...

This is my favorite post yet - made me miss you mucho, Meggy. xoxoxoxo, Grace