11 January 2010

LittLe noMAd crosses staTe lines

G'day! i have reached my final destination, MArgaret River, WA (wine capital of Australia). It is exactly what I hoped for and more. Picture St. HElena near the beach/forest with a river running into the ocean, tons of surf spots, over priced orgAnic cafe's, hippy art galleries & a soup kitchen in the community center that has $3 vegetarian meals on Mon/Wed nights! Dreamy, huh?! Tomorrow I will find me a job. I am really excited about this because I would liKE to settle down, a.k.a. keep my tent open for more than one night. anyways, here are some imaGES i captured on the road from South Australia to Western Australia. i hope it will give you a good visual of where i have been over the last couple weeks.

i made up a rhyme while i was driving:
"if you want to win my heart...take me to a caravan park"
i think i might turn it into a t-shirt.

i love sand dunes.
this is Port Lincoln, Eyre Peninsula, SA.

WReck beach, Port Lincoln

this is Me looking at WReck BEach.

now I am in Coffin BAy national PArk, SA.
(much to my dismay it was named after Sir Isaac Coffin)

i like how my goLd station wagon compliments the landscape...and how i only have 3 hub caps

I think AUstralia must have the most random signs of any place in the world. I will have a special entry to prove my theory but here is a mild example (camel/kangaroo/wombat).

Eucla, first Telegraph STation that connected South Australia to WEst.

COcklebiddy is the lovely town I had the pleasure of spending the day in when my car broke down.

! SA/WA border !

Now I am in WEstern Australia!
(OCean BEach, Denmark)

My heart reached new peaks when I experienced the estuary at OCean Beach.

(Good OMen #1)
It even had a rope swing my most favorite thing in the entire world.
I made lots of new friends that day, this is Jake.

EVerything about WEstern Australia is Love.
Even the horses & sheep are friends!!!
(my camp ground in Denmark)

(Good omen # 2)
swing hanging from tree, campground in Denmark

soon to be eaten cow fRiend on Berry Farm

big rocks to jump off
(Green Pools, Walpole)

Tingle FOrest

ANd now I am one of those [creepy] people who walks around town with a Parrot on their shoulder. From this angle you can't see the leash but it's there.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I come???

Kelly Cattalini said...

It looks SOOOOO gorgeous there. You are a lucky girl, have fun!