27 January 2010

gaLLery update...

i made my first sale at the gallery. a woman came in with her 3 lady friends yesterday & found something she loved claiming to buy it when she achieved her goal (weight). then today she came back in & bought it. women!

i have declared this job a research in human studies, including a study on how i interact with other people. remember how i told the owner i would be a good sales person, i was wrong. i didn't take into account my social anxiety. every time i hear someone coming down the driveway a sense of doom comes over me. and i've been secretly hoping no one buys anything because i don't know how to use the credit card machine. but once i get to talking with people i calm down & my true personality comes out. it was that forced monologue about the gallery which i was told to give to the customers which made things uncomfortable for everyone. fortunately francois (the owner) cut that out of the script & now people seem to be sticking around longer.

also, apparently francois has warmed up to me. he has crossed the threshold of politeness & now openly teases me. he saw me vacuuming yesterday & said i need a "L" plate for learner (this is something they put on cars here for new drivers). he thought it was the funniest thing ever & told someone today what a good experience the gallery is for me; that i am learning how to vacuum & use windex properly... once again he found his own comment very humorous.

the truth is... i can't disagree with him, this a good experience for me. btw, i do know how to vacuum. i just didn't know that the arm was expandable, i thought i was for shorter people.

3 comments:

BG said...

you're lovely...

brandon said...

and so is your blog

laura noyib said...

remember when you moved into your apartment in the marina and called me to ask me how to "mop"?? classic